Allahabad experiences all seasons with climate varying from extreme hot to extreme cold.
- Summers (March to June) are hot with mercury levels reach about 45°C together with hot winds. Typically tourists avoid hot summer months of April and May.
- Monsoons (July to September) accompany heavy intermittent rain falls. It provide relief to the hot summer climate.
- Winters (December to February) are very pleasant with minimum temperature goes down to 12°C. Allahabad experiences severe fog in January resulting in massive traffic and travel delays. Watch on January fog formation.
- Best season to visit Allahabad is from October to March.
- October to March is good for sight seeing and participating in public celebrations.
- July to September are cooler compared to summers and good for vacations.
- April to June is scorching.